13 Colors of Magick
1. Aqua is the color of Metapsychics, representing all "Mind Magicks," such as meditation and psychic attunement. Associated with Friday and the planet Venus, Aqua is an excellent hue for peacefulness and profound reflection.
2. Blue, representing the Element of Water, is the color of emotional work; love, peace, healing and protection. Considered the color of wisdom, thoughtfulness, and celestial regions, blue shares Friday and the planet Venus with green (as in aqua, or blue-green). Blue is identified with the signs of Virgo and Capricorn, the 5th (Throat) Chakra and the natural sciences. A feeling of youthfulness fills this color. Blue is an excellent hue for peacefulness and profound reflection. Use it for healing, harmony, creativity, communication and resonance.
3. Green, representing the Element of Earth, is the color of vegetation, as in gardening and Herbalism (Wortcunning). Fertility, prosperity, hope, joy, delight, growth and change are all aspects of green. Forest green is connected with fertility, the body, courage and classical music or wilderness sounds. Ivy green represents the emotional aspects, coping with grief, cliffside ponderings, and hushed music or silence. Pale green, as in the color of new grass, aids the healing process.
4. Yellow, which represents the Element of Air, is the color of Divination. Yellow is associated with mental work; meditation, will, intellect, divination and communication. Another version of gold, yellow is the color of friendship, goodness and faith. Yellow (or sometimes a very light yellow-green) is associated with Wednesday, the planet Mercury, the sign of Taurus and the 3rd (Solar Plexus) Chakra. Golden yellow is the color of charm, trust, Summer, bright sounds such as children's laughter, and upbeat music. Pastel yellow tends more towards Spring, psychic endeavors and creativity. Yellow is a terrific color to improve balance, self-esteem, charisma, divination and creativity. Use it also for strength of will, vitality, purpose and effectiveness.
5. Orange is the color associated with the performance arts and conjury (stage magics). Orange represents pride and courage; heroism and attraction; kinship and prosperity (as in a good harvest). Orange is attuned to warmth, friendship, abundance, spirit, will, principles, theory and alertness.
6. Red, representing the Element of Fire, is the color of Alchemy, and the magickal arts and sciences of transformation. Red is associated with Physical work, as in healing of people and animals. Also physical passion. Red is the power color. It is associated with command, the planet Mars, Tuesday, the astrological sign of Gemini and the 1st (Root) Chakra. Red is the color of inspiration, vitality, pride, anger, bravery, strong emotions, purification, arid places, aggressive music (especially drumming like a heartbeat), and lightning storms. Red is the best color to ward off danger. Use it for stability, grounding, prosperity and physical health.
7. Pink is the color for all our relationships with other people--and especially those involving family, love, intimacy, and romance. Like copper, pink is also a color of Venus. Copper is related to the agrarian aspects of Venus--plants, fertility and growth are the common associations. Pink is more related to the emotional and spiritual aspects of Venus; specifically the emotional love of one's self and others.
8. Brown is the color of Beast Mastery, the most common color of fur and feathers, and represents all things soft and fuzzy. Brown Wizards often work in pet stores, animal hospitals, shelters or zoos; or become park rangers or wildlife rescuers. And always they are surrounded by critters--whether pets, farm animals, wild creatures or other "animal companions."
9. Violet is the color of Spirit, etheric realms, higher esoteric learning, ancient wisdom and the deeper Mysteries of the Cosmos. Violet is associated with power, wealth, and good fortune. Considered the color of royalty, violet (purple) represents judgment, industry, and religious thought, the planet Jupiter, Thursday, the 7th (Crown) Chakra and old age. It is also associated with several astrological signs: Gemini, Virgo, Libra, Sagittarius and Pisces. Use violet as your focus specifically for spiritual centering and meditation, as well as expanded consciousness and cosmic awareness.
10. Clear is the color of numbers and mathemagicks, reflecting the transparency with which all creation is suffused with magickal formulae--underlying everything, but invisible to all but the imagination.
11. White is the color of Ceremonial Magick, as it is used for all types of ceremonies and rituals. The color of purity, white represents friendship, the Moon, Monday, infancy and the sign of Aries. Crystal white is the color of sincerity, divinity, transformation and singular focused sounds such as a gong or bell. White is also the color of The Goddess, and so used in all forms of blessings.
12. Grey is the color of knowledge, lore and wisdom. Like Indigo, Grey is particularly associated with Wizardry, as it is neither black nor white, and indeed encompasses all colors while being none of them.
13. Black is the color of Sorcery and the "Dark Arts," relating to constricting, binding and Saturnian energies. As the color of night, black represents foreboding, fortitude, and consistency because of the need to "make it through the darkness." Black is sometimes used as a protective color for magickal tools--especially handles and wrappings. It is also used when trying to banish a bad habit, turn negativity, or make drastic life changes.